ACCESS FREE SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK DAY-OF-PERFORMANCE STANDBY TICKETS
At the heart of The Public's return to The Delacorte, this summer is our commitment to health and safety protocols that ensure Free Shakespeare in the Park is a safe and celebratory experience for all. For this reason, free tickets will be distributed via a digital lottery with our new distribution partner, GOLDSTAR, one week before each scheduled performance. Separately, on the day of each performance, a limited number of free Day-of-Performance Standby tickets may become available and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis by TEXT MESSAGE. As of 07.22.2021, we will not be returning to an in-person standby line at this time, as previously announced.
HOW TO REQUEST DAY-OF-PERFORMANCE STANDBY TICKETS BY TEXT MESSAGE
- Submit a Standby Request by texting "Join Standby [current date]" to 914.409.9815 beginning at 12PM (noon) on the day of a scheduled public performance. Individual text messages rates may apply.
- Example Text: Join Standby July 6
- Respond to any message prompts you may receive.
- You may submit a Standby Request every public performance day.
- The Standby Request form may close at any time.
- If tickets become available, you will receive an email from us confirming your order. Your tickets will be held at The Delacorte Theater Box Office under your name and the Public Theater ID number used when submitting the Standby Request form. Only you can pick up your tickets with a government-issued ID. Please pick up your tickets at the box office between 4:00PM and 7:30PM. We encourage you to allow as much time as possible when picking up your tickets.
- If we are unable to fulfill your request, we will inform you via email.
PREPARING FOR TEXT TO STANDBY
- Standby Requests open at 12PM (noon) each performance day. Requests before 12PM are not accepted.
- Standby Requests can only be accommodated on the performance day; no requests for future dates will be accepted.
- You must complete a Standby Request form to secure a spot in the standby process. Anonymous requests will not be accepted.
- All Standby tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis in the order of requests received.
- You are encouraged to visit publictheater.org/register to create or confirm your Public Theater ID in advance of joining the Standby Line.
- If you do not already have a Public Theater ID, you will be asked to create an account while completing the Standby Request form. You must provide the necessary contact information when creating your account. Unfortunately, we are unable to add you to Standby without a Public Theater ID.
- We cannot assist international numbers for Text to Standby, and we encourage you to text us from a US number.