SAFE AT THE PUBLIC
We are excited to welcome you back to The Public's flagship home at Astor Place. Our audience policy requires complete Covid-19 vaccination by the date of attendance for access into the facility, theaters, and restaurant. Complete vaccination is fourteen days following a final dose of the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Moderna, or Astra-Zeneca vaccine. We are not able to accept any negative Covid test results for entry.
We will accept proof of vaccination via Health Pass by CLEAR, Excelsior Pass, the NYC Covid Safe Pass, a copy or photo of your CDC vaccination card, and/or a copy or photo of an official immunization record from outside the United States. Learn more about approved vaccines for entry.
Approved face masks will be required at all times, including while watching a performance, except while actively eating and drinking.
Public Theater staff and artists are subject to a mandatory vaccination policy.
Ticket Policy: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, have been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 within 14 days of your visit, or have been instructed to self-isolate within the last ten days, we ask that you stay home and contact us, when possible, to discuss ticket refund or exchange options.
We recognize that public health guidelines may change in the coming months and ask for your patience as we make any necessary safety adjustments. We also ask that you do your part to protect yourself and others by reviewing and agreeing to the attendance protocols before attending the facility. Those that do not abide by any health and safety protocols will be denied entry or removed from the facility. All policies are subject to change at The Public’s sole discretion and without notice.
Thank you so much. We can't wait to welcome you back to The Public!
Seating for all performances in The Public's theater spaces, including Joe's Pub, will be full capacity. Meaning that seats have no physical distancing, and people will be sitting directly next to other people.
As part of the entry requirements for performances at The Public Theater, including Joe's Pub, and The Library at The Public, attendees must provide valid proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), any COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). A complete vaccination means having received a final FDA or WHO vaccination dose at least 14 days before the performance date.
All other COVID-19 vaccines, including Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, Covaxin, and Sinopharm-WIBP are not acceptable.
- CDC vaccination cards with a corresponding government-issued ID
- WHO vaccination cards with a corresponding government-issued ID
- Photos of your CDC vaccination card with a corresponding government-issued ID
- Photos of your WHO vaccination card with a corresponding government-issued ID
- Photocopies of your CDC vaccination card with a corresponding government-issued ID
- Photocopies of your WHO vaccination card with a corresponding government-issued ID
- NY State Excelsior Pass with a corresponding government-issued ID
- NYC COVID Safe App to display your photo ID and vaccine card only. Download here: Android | Apple
- EU Digital Covid Certificates with a corresponding government-issued ID
- CDC vaccination cards for Astra Zeneca vaccination study with a corresponding government-issued ID
Approved face masks will be required at all times, including while watching a performance, except while actively eating and drinking in designated areas. The designated areas include Joe's Pub, The Library at The Public, and the Levin Mezzanine.
- Cloth, surgical/3-ply, KN95, and N95 masks are permitted.
- Cloth face coverings should be made of tightly-woven fabric and ideally composed of two or three layers of material. They may not be made of lace or similarly open or web-like material. Cloth masks must fit snugly around the nose and chin to prevent air leakage; a nose wire may help achieve a close seal.
- Face shields can be used in addition to face coverings but are not an acceptable alternative to face coverings.
- Gaiters, bandanas, and face coverings with an exhalation valve are not permitted.
- Masks will be made available upon arrival if you forgot to bring one.
The Taub Box Office will open at 5PM on dates when there are evening-only performances and one hour before matinee performances until further notice. We strongly encourage you to purchase tickets online or by phone. Ticket delivery options will be limited to Digital Tickets, Hold at Box Office for pick up the day of your performance, and by Mail 14 days before your performance. Some performances will have additional ticket delivery limitations. Learn more about the 21-22 Season Refund, Exchange, and Ticket Donation policies.
Before leaving home, we ask that you take a moment to self-assess with the following questions:
- Have I been or suspect I have been in contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last seven days?
- Have I experienced any of the following in the last 48 hours?
- FEVER OR CHILLS
- SHORTNESS OF BREATH OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING
- MUSCLE OR BODY ACHES
- LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL
- SORE THROAT
- CONGESTION OR RUNNY NOSE
- NAUSEA OR VOMITING
If so, please call us at 212.967.7555 or email us at email@example.com, and we would be glad to assist you in rescheduling your tickets for another performance date. Learn more about the 21-22 Season Refund, Exchange, and Ticket Donation policies.
Until further notice, The Ford Foundation Lobby will not be open to the public outside of performances and events. The lobby will open daily at 5PM on days when there are evening-only performances, and one hour before matinee performances for ticket pickup only, until further notice. Early arrival for performances will be limited to one hour prior to performance time, at which time, the lobby will be open. Please have your proof of vaccination, photo ID, when the lobby opens for your performance. Please prepare for the possibility of inclement weather as you may be held outside while the lobby opens, and you are cleared to enter.
Beginning on Thursday, October 14, 2021, The Library at The Public will return to offering a limited menu and cocktails nightly from 5PM through last call Tuesday through Sunday. Our lobby bar will not be open until further notice, but those interested in pre-curtain drinks or snacks are encouraged to visit the bar inside The Library and may consume food and beverage on our mezzanine level of the lobby.
- You are not permitted to bring your own food and drink into our venues.
- You may bring a sealed bottle of water into performances.
- After consuming water, a face mask must be reapplied.
- Water fountains will have disposable paper cups available for you may use your own refillable bottle.
- Cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces and sanitizing of all bathrooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Attendants regularly clean and sanitize restrooms.
Any audience member seeking further clarification should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about our current policy.