SAFE AT THE PUBLIC
We are excited to welcome you to The Public's flagship home at Astor Place. Effective April 19, 2022, The Public, Joe's Pub, and The Library at The Public still require masks and proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination by the date of attendance to enter this building. Boosters are encouraged for those eligible under CDC guidelines, but not required. This policy will continue until further notice. Public Theater staff and artists are subject to a mandatory vaccination and booster policy in addition to onsite testing protocols when working within our facilities.
Learn more below about approved vaccines, required face masks below, as well as displaying proof of COVID-19 vaccination for entry, including Health Pass by CLEAR, Excelsior Pass, and the NYC COVID Safe App.
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to anyone within 14 days of your visit, or have been instructed to self-isolate, we ask that you stay home and contact us when possible to discuss ticket refund or exchange options.
Ticket purchasers are responsible for informing and providing this Audience Policy to their guests or other attendees if they are providing the ticket for them. Anyone that does not abide by our health and safety protocols may be denied entry or be asked to leave the facility.
- SEATING FOR ALL PERFORMANCES AND VENUES
- VACCINE REQUIREMENTS
- APPROVED VACCINES
- PROOF OF VACCINATION
- FACE MASKS
Seating for all performances in The Public's theater spaces, including Joe's Pub, is full capacity. Meaning, seat locations have no physical distancing, and people will sit directly next to each other when at full capacity.
- All attendees must be completely vaccinated; a complete vaccination means having received a final FDA Approved/Authorized or a WHO Emergency Use vaccination dose at least 14 days before the attendance date. Boosters are encouraged for those eligible under CDC guidelines, but not required. Learn more about approved vaccines below.
- Vaccines are now available for children ages 5–11, and completely vaccinated children are welcome at The Public two weeks after they have received their final dose. Photo ID for children under 16 will not be required as long as they are accompanied by parents/guardians with valid photo I.D.
- Negative COVID tests for anyone, including children, will not be accepted as an alternative to proof of vaccination.
- Everyone must provide in-person proof of vaccination prior to entering the facility. Learn more about showing proof of vaccination below.
All attendees to The Public's facility, theater spaces, and restaurant must provide valid proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccine authorized vaccine. A complete vaccination means having received a final FDA or WHO vaccination dose at least 14 days before the attendance date.
All other COVID-19 vaccines, including Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, and Sinopharm-WIBP are not acceptable. Boosters are encouraged for those eligible under CDC guidelines, but not required.
- CDC vaccination cards with a corresponding government-issued ID
- WHO vaccination cards with a corresponding government-issued I.D.
- Photos of your CDC vaccination card with a corresponding government-issued I.D.
- Pictures of your WHO vaccination card with a corresponding government-issued I.D.
- Photocopies of your CDC vaccination card with a corresponding government-issued I.D.
- Photocopies of your WHO vaccination card with a corresponding government-issued I.D.
- N.Y. State Excelsior Pass Plus with a corresponding government-issued ID
- NYC COVID Safe App to display your photo I.D. and vaccine only. Download here: Android | Apple
- E.U. Digital COVID Certificates with a corresponding government-issued ID
- CDC vaccination cards for Astra Zeneca vaccination study with a corresponding government-issued I.D.
- Any other official documentation that displays the full name of the attendee, the vaccine type received, the dates of the received doses, the healthcare professional or clinic site where the vaccine was received, and the organization that has approved the vaccine for use.
- Approved face masks will be required at all times through the facility and theaters, including while watching a performance in our venues.
- Exceptions will be made to this requirement while actively eating and drinking in Joe's Pub, The Library, and the Lobby Mezzanine. Masks must be reapplied as soon as food and beverages are consumed.
- Additionally, based on current CDC guidance, we are strongly encouraging all attendees to wear N95, KN95, or surgical/3-ply masks.
Face masks must meet the following requirements:
- Cloth, surgical/3-ply, KN95, and N95 masks are encouraged.
- Cloth face coverings should be made of tightly-woven fabric and ideally composed of two or three layers of material. They may not be made of lace or similarly open or web-like material. Cloth masks must fit snugly around the nose and chin to prevent air leakage; a nose wire may help achieve a close seal.
- Face shields can be used in addition to face coverings but are not an acceptable alternative to face coverings.
- Gaiters, bandanas, and face coverings with an exhalation valve are not permitted.
- Masks will be made available upon arrival if you forget to bring one or do not meet the above standards.
We strongly encourage you to purchase tickets online or by phone. Ticket delivery options will be limited to Digital Tickets, Hold at Box Office for pick up the day of your performance, and by Mail 14 days before your performance. Some performances will have additional ticket delivery limitations. The Taub Box Office hours of operation will fluctuate based on performance calendars. We encourage you to call Audience Services at 212.967.7555 before planning a trip to The Public to purchase tickets.
Before leaving home, we ask that you take a moment to self-assess with the following questions:
- Have I been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last seven days?
- Have I experienced any of the following in the last 24 hours?
- FEVER OR CHILLS
- SHORTNESS OF BREATH OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING
- MUSCLE OR BODY ACHES
- LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL
- SORE THROAT
- CONGESTION OR RUNNY NOSE
- NAUSEA OR VOMITING
If so, please call us at 212.967.7555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be glad to assist you in rescheduling your tickets for another performance date. Learn more about the 21-22 Season Refund, Exchange, and Ticket Donation policies.
Our lobby and box office hours will vary based on performance schedules. We encourage you to limit your early arrival for performances to an hour before the scheduled performance time. Please have proof of vaccination and a photo I.D. at your arrival for inspection by our staff.
The Library at The Public will be returning to offering a limited menu and cocktails nightly from 5PM through last call Tuesday through Sunday, on Saturday, January 22, 2022. Our lobby bar will not be open until further notice. Still, those interested in pre-curtain drinks or snacks are encouraged to visit the bar inside The Library and consume food and beverage on our mezzanine level of the Ford Foundation lobby.
- You are not permitted to bring your own food and drink into our venues.
- You may bring a sealed bottle of water into performances.
- After consuming any beverages and food, a face mask must be reapplied in all areas of the building.
- Water fountains will have disposable paper cups available for you, and you may use your own refillable bottle.
- Cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces and sanitizing of all bathrooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Attendants regularly clean and sanitize restrooms.
All Public Theater staff and artists are subject to mandatory vaccination and booster policy in addition to negative testing protocols when working within our facilities. All staff will be required to wear disposable masks supplied to them by The Public Theater.Return to INDEX
APPROVED VACCINES ELIGIBILITY LISTED
- Pfizer - fourteen days after your second shot
- Moderna - fourteen Days after your second shot
- Johnson & Johnson - fourteen days after your first shot
- AstraZeneca - fourteen days after your second shot
- Sinopharm - fourteen days after your second shot
- Sinovac - fourteen days after your second shot
- Novavax - fourteen days after your second shot
- Covaxin - fourteen days after your second shot
- All other COVID-19 vaccines, including Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, and Sinopharm-WIBP are not acceptable.