JOSEPH PAPP FREE PERFORMANCE
Continuing The Public Theater's mission to make theater accessible to all, free tickets will be distributed to select performances and shows during the Astor Place season.
On select dates, free tickets can be accessed through the Goldstar Digital Lottery and Text to Standby through The Public Theater.
GOLDSTAR DIGITAL LOTTERY FOR JOE PAPP FREE PERFORMANCES
Tickets will be available via the Goldstar digital lottery offered through the Goldstar app (Apple App Store | Google Play and website. You may enter the lottery beginning at 12PM noon the day before the designated free performance. The lottery will randomly draw winners beginning at 12PM noon on the day of the performance, and winners will be notified by email and push notification from 12PM to 3PM that same day. You must claim your winning tickets with Goldstar within one hour of being notified.
IN-PERSON LOTTERY AT THE PUBLIC
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we will not be offering an in-person lottery. We will continue to reevaluate this seasonally based on recommendations from our Health and Safety team.
TEXT TO STANDBY FOR JOE PAPP FREE PERFORMANCES
- Following the conclusion of the Goldstar Digital Lottery, free same-day tickets may become available starting at 4PMSubmit a Standby Request by texting "Join Standby [current date]" to 814.261.2463 beginning at 4PM ET on the day of a scheduled Joe Papp Free Performance. Individual text messages rates may apply.
- Example Text: Join Standby October 20
- Respond to any message prompts you may receive.
- The Standby Request form may close at any time.
- If tickets become available, you will receive an email from us confirming your order. Your tickets will be held at The Taub Box Office at The Public Theater under your name, and the Public Theater ID number used when submitting the Standby Request form. Only you can pick up your tickets with a government-issued ID. Please pick up your tickets at the box office between 5:00PM and thirty minutes before the scheduled curtain time of the performance. We encourage you to allow as much time as possible when picking up your tickets.
- If we cannot fulfill your request initially, we will contact you by text message to encourage you to join us in-person at The Public 30-minutes before the start of the performance in the last minute tickets become available.
- Standby Requests can only be accommodated on the free performance day; no requests for future dates will be accepted.
- You must complete a Standby Request form to secure a spot in the standby process. Anonymous requests will not be accepted.
- All Standby tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis in the order of requests received.