THE PUBLIC THEATER BAG POLICY
This bag policy was created due to the lack of coat check facilities at The Public Theater and for the safety of all our guests.
- Bags that exceed 16" x 16" x 8", including suitcases and duffle bags, are now discouraged at The Public Theater, except as provided herein.
- To simplify, bags should fit under the seat and not impede walkways and access to seats.
- No dedicated storage is available at The Public for bags of any size.
- The Public Theater reserves the right to search all bags at any time while in the venue.
- Joe's Pub and The Library at The Public may offer coat and bag check options during business hours and seasonally based on staffing and storage availability.
- All purses, diaper bags, backpack-style, tote, drawstring, and messenger-style bags that do not exceed 16" x 16" x 8" are still permitted.
- All suitcases and duffle bags, regardless of size or style.
- Bags that exceed 16" x 16" x 8".
- Bags that will not fit under your seat should not be brought to The Public Theater as there is no dedicated storage for bags of any size.
- Exceptions will be made for bags used for ADA/medical reasons.
Why is this being done?
Enhanced security, your safety, and experience at The Public remain our priority, and a lack of dedicated storage options at The Public Theater.
Does this mean I cannot bring in my laptop?
- Tote bags
- Diaper bags
- Drawstring bags
- Laptop & messenger bags
All are still permitted in The Public Theater, provided they are no larger than 16" x 16" x 8". Security may request to screen them before entering the building.
Can I store my oversized bag at The Public somewhere?
Unfortunately, there are no dedicated bag check facilities at The Public Theater, so making other arrangements for oversized bag storage is important before arriving at the theater.
I have medical needs; what can I do without bringing in my oversized bag?
Suppose, for any reason, your medical equipment cannot be stored or transported in any of our approved bags (i.e., tote bags or drawstring bags). In that case, exceptions to our bag policy can be made for bags larger than 16" x 16" x 8" used for ADA/medical/nursing reasons.