HEALTH & SAFETY
We are excited to welcome you to our flagship home at Astor Place. We are continually adapting health and safety protocols in line with recommendations from the CDC, the WHO, and city, state, and federal guidelines. Learn more below about the adjustments to protocols at The Public, effective Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
We no longer require proof of vaccination to access the facility, theaters, and The Library at The Public.
While the health and safety of our staff, artists, and attendees continue to be an important part of our daily operations, an inherent risk of exposure to and infection with COVID-19 exists in any space where people are present. By visiting The Public and any of our facilities, theaters, or restaurant, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We will continue to offer flexible options for exchanging tickets and account credit if you cannot attend a performance due to illness or recent COVID-19 exposure. Before leaving home, we ask that you take a moment to self-assess the following questions:
- Have I been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last seven days?
- Have I experienced any of the following in the last 24 hours?
- FEVER OR CHILLS
- SHORTNESS OF BREATH OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING
- MUSCLE OR BODY ACHES
- LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL
- SORE THROAT
- CONGESTION OR RUNNY NOSE
- NAUSEA OR VOMITING
At least once daily, high-touch areas will be thoroughly sanitized. This will include:
- Cleaning all frequently touched surfaces and sanitizing all bathrooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Attendants regularly clean and sanitize restrooms.
All theater ventilation systems have been reviewed, and filtration has been upgraded to Merv 13. The systems continue to be regularly cleaned and maintained.